Why Study In Canada
Canada is a popular destination for international students who want to pursue higher education in a diverse and welcoming country. However, studying in Canada can be expensive, especially for students from developing countries. That’s why many students look for scholarships to study in Canada for free or at a reduced cost.
But how can you find and apply for such scholarships? What are the criteria and requirements? And what are some of the best scholarships available for Indian students who want to study in Canada? In this blog post, we will answer these questions and provide valuable tips and resources to help you achieve your dream of studying in Canada for free.
By landmass, Canada happens to be the second-largest country in the world. Furthermore, over 96 standard universities are situated in Canada, which are inviting international students.
If you are seeking a European university, where you can have a world-class education, consider no other country but Canada.
It will interest you to know that there are two national languages spoken, in Canada which are
- English Language.
Another reason why you will love Canada is the friendly environment that country has. You won’t find it strange living in Canada, during the early time of your arrival, as Canadian citizens are very friendly.
What are the criteria for applying for free scholarships to study in Canada?
The criteria for applying for scholarships to study in Canada for free vary depending on the type and source of the scholarship. Generally, you will need to have a good academic record, a strong motivation and interest in your chosen field of study, and a clear plan for your future goals. You may also need to demonstrate your financial need, your leadership potential, your extracurricular activities, and your contribution to your community.
Some scholarships may also require you to have a certain level of English language proficiency, such as IELTS, which is commonly accepted by all Canadian institutions. You may also need to provide academic transcripts, a personal statement or essay, letters of recommendation, and other supporting documents.
How to find and apply for scholarships to study in Canada for free?
There are many sources of scholarships to study in Canada for free, such as the Canadian government, Canadian universities and colleges, foreign governments, non-governmental organizations, and international organizations. You can search for these scholarships online using various databases and websites, such as:
➡️ Apply for scholarships
- EduCanada, which features international scholarships offered by Global Affairs Canada and other Canadian partners.
- IDP India, which provides information on scholarships available for Indian students who want to study in Canada.
- Global Scholarships, which offers tips and guidance on how to study in Canada for free or at a low cost.
You can also check the websites of your desired universities and colleges in Canada, as they may offer their own scholarships for international students. Some examples are:
- University of Toronto, which offers the Lester B. Pearson International Scholarships for outstanding international students who want to pursue an undergraduate degree at the university.
- University of Guelph, which offers International Doctoral Tuition Scholarships for international students who want to pursue a doctoral degree at the university.
- University of British Columbia, which offers the International Leader of Tomorrow Award and the Donald A. Wehrung International Student Award for exceptional international students who demonstrate academic achievement, leadership skills, involvement in student affairs, and community service.
To apply for these scholarships, you will need to follow the instructions and deadlines given by each scholarship provider. You will also need to prepare a strong application that showcases your academic excellence, your personal qualities, your achievements, and your goals. You may need to write an essay or a personal statement that explains why you deserve the scholarship, how it will benefit you and your community, and what you plan to do after completing your studies in Canada.
What are some tips and advice for applying for scholarships to study in Canada for free?
Applying for scholarships to study in Canada for free can be challenging and competitive, so you need to be well-prepared and strategic. Here are some tips and advice that can help you increase your chances of getting a scholarship:
- Start early: Don’t wait until the last minute to search and apply for scholarships. Start at least 8-12 months before your preferred intake begins, as some scholarships have early deadlines and limited spots.
- Research well: Do your homework and research on the available scholarships that match your profile, interests, and goals. Read the eligibility criteria, requirements, benefits, and conditions carefully before applying.
- Apply widely: Don’t limit yourself to one or two scholarships. Apply to as many scholarships as you can that suit your qualifications and needs. However, don’t apply blindly or randomly. Make sure you meet the criteria and follow the guidelines of each scholarship.
- Be original: Don’t copy or plagiarize from other sources or applicants. Write your own essay or personal statement that reflects your personality, voice, and perspective. Be honest, authentic, and creative in your application.
- Proofread and edit: Don’t submit your application without checking for errors, typos, or inconsistencies. Proofread and edit your application carefully and ask someone else to review it for feedback. Make sure your application is clear, concise, and coherent.
Studying in Canada for free is possible if you can find and secure a scholarship that covers your tuition fees and living expenses. However, it is not easy or guaranteed. You will need to work hard, research well, apply widely, and stand out from the crowd. If you follow the steps and tips we have shared in this blog post, you will have a better chance of getting a scholarship to study in Canada for free. We wish you all the best in your scholarship journey!🍀